Alpais Lam Wai-sze, a primary school teacher, who has been under the spotlight for months because she defended the rights for peaceful demonstration by Fa Lung Gong people, has become the subject of primary school exercise materials.
This is what the above exercise says:
A female teacher, Ms Alpais Lam Wai-sze used foul language at police and caused a series of storms.
- Do you think as a human being, is it correct to swear? Why?
- Do you think Ms Alpais Lam Wai-sze insulted the police with foul language was appropriate? Why?
- Do you think Ms Alpais Lam Wai-sze should be penalised by the school she teaches at? Why?
- Do you think Ms Alpais Lam Wai-sze should resign from her teaching position? Why?
- Ms Alpais Lam Wai-sze has already apologised, but the storm continues. What do you think can end this incident?
- What have you learnt from this incident?
This is an exercise produced by Alliance Primary School, Tai Hang Tung for its primary four students.
I honestly don’t think a 9 or 10 years old kid would have sufficient knowledge to answer these questions… But this is not the point! These questions all seem to have some sort of “agenda”! Why would this school what students to focus and dwell on this incident? Also, all these questions are based on one fact and disregard EVERYTHING ELSE. These questions should be a less biased and lay out facts rather than offering one tiny little bit of the matter and start escalating it to a “swear words” is something that human beings should not say!
Parents in Hong Kong have no guts to challenge the school for this kind of exercise, as they worry that the teachers will “black list” their children, affecting their children’s grades.
COME ON! Power of the people! If all the parents stand firm and tell the school that this is unacceptable, I bet the school would back down. But NO! This is the fundamental problem of Hong Kongers. Seriously, GROW A PAIR! You can’t rely on others to stick it up for you forever!!
I’m so disappointed in the people of Hong Kong! Speak up and try to defend yourselves and your children, for goodness’ sake! We should not be timid by the so called power or authorities.
Over and Out!